13 Feb Cisco Collaboration Summit 2020
Our key takeaway is that Webex has evolved into a platform that can help organizations enable the digital employee experience.
Cisco's collaboration portfolio is rock-solid.
Last week I attended @CiscoCollab Analyst Summit. Here are my thoughts on how the company is going to market and why it’s important. Platform, #AI, #Analytics and Security at the core for the Cisco BU heading forward.
Key takeaways from Dave Michels of TalkingPointz:
- Cloud pervasive.
- Contact Center is a priority, and the strategy is comprehensive and differentiated.
Workplace Transformation (the next chapter).
- Cisco is thinking big. Its solutions are differentiated with a comprehensive approach to deployment, management, security, and more. Cisco is also thinking bigger than the traditional enterprise comms apps.
- Cisco has assembled a very broad team and portfolio around #AI. An area they describe as over-hyped, yet under-estimated.
- Everything is in motion. For example, I sense that most providers have shifted their focus away from UC/UCaaS to other areas such as messaging and meetings. Cisco had a aggressive road maps for all areas (or is comms one area?) — including devices.
- Lots of Firsts: Cloud-First, API-First, and Customer-First.
- Cisco intends to join the party for solutions aimed at firstline workers.
It was an excellent event. The entire collab leadership team was there, available, and open. The team intends to (and just might be able to) change the world of enterprise communications, collaboration, and customer engagement.
@_amychang @abhaysk and @javed_khan updating @CiscoCollab folks on the amazing response we had from the analyst community “@Webex
today has become a completely different product than it was even two years ago.” “it’s a bold move that reflects Cisco is a different company now.” pic.twitter.com/vILUs4q6Wd
— Jeremy Laurenson (@JeremyLaurenson) February 27, 2020
Cisco’s Amy Chang Shines Her Light on Contact Center https://t.co/ICsQ38uWoc < With two pivotal acquisitions, and the new leadership they brought, @CiscoCollab is off to the #CCaaS races. @_amychang @otawakol @vinod_cc @JohnnyZT @aruna13 pic.twitter.com/D9LyO20YFa
— Sheila McGee-Smith (@McGeeSmith) February 12, 2020
Cisco Collaboration and Contact Center Analyst Events – Quick Pix via my blog: https://t.co/xKi6Xs0bo5 @Cisco #CiscoCollabAnalystSummit @CiscoCX @Webex @_amychang #Collaboration #CCTR #ContactCenter #CX #UC #ucoms #UCaaS #CCaaS #AI @CiscoCollab pic.twitter.com/Cy8B6Ey4vy
— Jon Arnold (@arnoldjon) February 10, 2020
RT @CiscoCollab: “I look forward to seeing more innovation in the #collaboration and #cctr areas over the coming months, and it will be an exciting time for @Cisco and its customers and partners.” @blairplez‘s thorough recap of #CiscoCollabAnalystSummit: https://t.co/Y57qVTl5LE
— Blair Pleasant (@blairplez) February 14, 2020
@Cisco has a VoC gem with @getcloudcherry and it’s analytics depth which is impressive / now if we can make it actionable and goal centric using Cisco Teams and OKR will help get this linked to people and progress #CiscoCollabAnalystSummit opportunity for @vinod_cc to explore! pic.twitter.com/Zl1eW1JV34
— Mark Smith (@marksmithvr) February 6, 2020